05 January, 2014

2013: Top 3 Skincare Products

For 2013, I added 2 new products into my skincare regime and another is one that I have been faithful to for probably about 3 years now? This trio totally blew me off:


1. Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser (S$50.00)

This is one amazing product for the category of moisturiser. Honestly speaking, I have never liked to go into the step of moisturising (and this is definitely not good for my skin). Regardless of whether you have dry, combination or oily skin, we all need to moisturise. If not, for those with dry skin, your skin will only become more dehydrated and for oily skin type, your skin will only continue to be oily. So yes, I read it, heard it and still... I really dislike how moisturiser goes on the skin.

Then, as I was watching a beauty video on youtube (by the beautiful Alix (aka ICovetThee), I got drawn into this product. It sounded like the type of moisturiser that i have been wanting! I tried it out at the Origins couter and bang! this was it!

The scent was what first got me; 'Panax Ginseng' and 'Coffee Bean' mixed and you get this refreshing 'orange peel' scent! A great wake-me-up product to be used in the morning. Then, I realised how quickly the product sinks into my skin, leaving a nicely hydrated layer. This is one life-changing moisturiser! (At least, for me the girl who never likes to go into 'Step 3'.)

2. Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil (S$65.00)

Prior to browsing the Clarins counter (to try out their skincare products), I was searching online for some of the 'highly raved' products and the treatment oil was one that many raved about.

Intrigued, I tested it out at the counter and goodness, did the scent get me again! It smells absolutely divine. They have three different types of treatment oil and this was one for my combination skin. I tested the product and it got absorbed immediately (deja vu of my experience with the body shop's drops of youth!)

While this product is more suitable to be used in the night, as a full face facial experience. I am currently using it in the daytime for better moisturising effect.

Right after using the Origins GinZing moisturiser, I will drip two drops of this onto my palm, pressed them together (breathe in the goodness of the essence first for some 'zen' effect) and then gently pressed on my skin. Doing this, I found my t-zone to be less oily during mid-day and my skin appears slightly more dewy - or should I just say hydrated? In all, I am a happy girl.

3. Za True White Day Protector

Wow oh wow. This is probably one of the very few products of mine that have been repurchased umpteen times. A skin protector that has SPF26 and PA++, this is one product that does its job nicely and with the infusion of Vitamin C, it provides a nice sheen to my skin. Right after applying this, my skin from dull becomes instantly brightened. This works as a great make-up base. A product that I have been faithfully used for the past three years.. nothing else needs to be said. #musttry!

No comments:

Post a Comment